Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Case Of Art Imitating Life For Fran Drescher!!!


And that's just fine by her...

90's TV starlet, Fran Drescher, is coming back to the small screen with her new comedy show, Happily Divorced. She'll play a woman who is attempting to move on with her life after she finds out her husband is gay!!!

The spin, playing the role wasn't a stretch for her, as the same thing happened to her in real life!!! She recently spoke to People Magazine about her relationship with her gay ex-husband:
"He had already been living a gay life away from me after we divorced, and he said, 'I don't want you to be shocked. I'm dating men'. During our marriage he had told me he might be bisexual, but he wanted to stay married."
After 21 years of marriage, Drescher said her husbands announcement wasn't as earth-shattering as some may have thought:
"By the time he told me, I had survived uterine cancer. Nothing could shake me. It's great that we had the ability and the wisdom to reinvent our relationship. All those years weren't for nothing. We're very tight. We're best friends."
Drescher has been an active supporter of gay-rights ever since her ex-husbands announcement. We're so happy to see two people still hold so much love for eachother despite such an ordeal.

We miss Fran and look forward to checking out the show!!!

(Image via Celebrity Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment