Saturday, June 11, 2011

Russell Crowe Is Anti-Circumcision And The Jewish World Is Pissed!!!


We actually think it's the first thing he's said/done that we agree with in a long time!!!

Russell Crowe has landed himself in some hot water lately after tweeting comments about how he finds the act of circumcising infants as "barbaric", and we agree!!! Here's what he had to say:
"Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that God requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect. I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats, but stop cutting your babies. I will always stand for the perfection of babies. I will always believe in God, not man's interpretation of what God requires. Last of it, if you feel it is your right to cut things off your babies please unfollow and f**k off; I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."
Maybe bringing up the Jewish belief of circumcision wasn't the smartest of moves, as it's not only Jewish people who circumcise their boys, but we certainly agree with his live and let foreskin approach!!! Unfortunately, the tabloids and some Jewish representatives did not agree with him, and have asked for his foreskin on a silver platter. Russell has tried to smooth the tension of late by tweeting:
"I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities, I'm very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress. My personal beliefs aside, I realise that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry."
Now we know Russell to be a hot-head at times, keep your telephones away from him lol, but a racist he is not. Even Jewish actor/director Eli Roth came to his defence, tweeting:
"[Crowe is] one of the nicest people I have ever been lucky enough to meet and work with. AND RESPECTFUL OF ALL RELIGIONS."
Personally, Jewish, Christian, Gay, Straight, Mexican, French or otherwise, you should leave your boys foreskins where you found them. Circumcision is unnecessary, archaic and barbaric, it's not okay!!!

(Image via Just Jared)

No comments:

Post a Comment